Thursday, February 13, 2014
This week students take the TCAP Writing Assessment on Wednesday, February 26. This will be the 4th grade students' first time taking the test and it will be administered online. During Writing Camp, students will receive additional instruction in both word processing and analytical (non-fiction/essay) writing. These sessions will reinforce learning completed in class.
- Students will read two complex informational texts.
- Texts will cover social studies or science topics. We will not know the topic(s) ahead of time.
- Students will write two essays:
- One analytical summary about the first text.
- One analytical essay about both texts. The essay will be informational/explanatory or opinion/argument.
Click on the link below for more information:http://tncore.org/english_language_arts/writing_test.aspx
- Mrs. Faulkner
- It is both an honor and a privilege to be part of the Campus school family. I have earned my Master of Arts in Teaching degree from the University of Memphis and teach 3rd and 4th grade. Currently, I am pursuing an Ed.S. in Counseling Education Psychology and Research, also at the U of M. In 2007, I received the News Channel 3 WREG Educator of the Week award, and have been recognized among the top 5% of teachers in Tennessee as an “Irreplaceable” (most highly effective teacher), based on the Tennessee Teacher Effectiveness Measurement initiative. I enjoy teaching, reading, traveling, and spending time with my husband Shun and our children Shane and Shelby.